Upcoming Walks Details and DWRG Information:
<<< Last updated: 23rd November 2016 >>>
- If you have not walked with us before and would like to see if our club is for you, please join us on a walk to meet some of our members (see details below):
- Sunday 27.11.16 – The 9 mile walk starts at 10.00hrs from Chinthurst Hill car park off the B2128, Wonersh Common Road GU5 0PR, (Explorer 145 TQ 014462) Steep climb up Chinthurst Hill then undulating to Bramley, Shamley Green and Blackheath. Lunch at the Bricklayers Arms Shamley Green.
- Sunday 11.12.16 – For the 8 mile walk, meet at 9.45am for a 10.00am start at the Holly Lane car park near the corner of Holly Lane and Outwood Lane, Banstead,(SM7 2BE for satnavs). OS map 146, grid ref: 273584. Lunch at the Well House Inn Mugswell.
- Sunday 08.12.16 – The 7-8 mile walk starts at 10.00hrs prompt, from the Dorking Halls (OS 146, TQ170497, RH4 1SG) car park. Dorking has a new heritage trail which has recently opened. Lots to see en-route including Thomas Hope’s (1769 – 1831) newly restored mausoleum and gardens as well as the ruins of Betchworth Castle. At the end we will head in to the town centre for lunch. You will then have the rest of the afternoon free to do some last minute Christmas shopping.
- Members can see details of our full walking programme on the ‘Members’ page of the DWRG website.
- Non-members can apply to join the DWRG for £5 per annum – see the ‘Join up’ section of the website. If you have any questions before you join, do feel free to contact Bob, our Membership Secretary, using this Membership Enquiry Form. On the form please ensure that you provide sufficient details to enable Bob to get back to you.
- Members can apply to renew their annual membership. Log in and go the membership renewal page for instructions. Choose one of three ways to pay your £5 annual fee via the ‘Making a payment’ tab in the “Members” section on the menu bar . It takes no longer than 10 minutes.
DWRG is an independent rambling and hill walking group aimed at people in their 30’s to 50’s and we also have long standing members in their 60’s. We encourage others to enjoy walking and you can become a member of this club for just £5 per annum entitling you to come on any of our walks. We have a day walk every Sunday (with a pub lunch) and evening walks on summer Friday evenings (May to September).
DWRG covers all its expenses through an income of £5 per person per year, including providing public liability insurance. You will see some great countryside and we stop for a pub lunch on Sundays to refresh for the afternoon walk. Be tempted to join us, we are recruiting right now. Our most popular activities are:
Sunday Walks – full day walks, over distances of 8 to 12 miles. Some are “figures of eight”, making it easy to walk just the morning or the afternoon. We always stop for a pub lunch and a drink or you can bring a picnic if you prefer to eat outside. Group size averages 8 to 15 people.
Weekend / Bank Holiday Trips in the UK– for coastal, moorland and mountain walking, using a variety of accommodation.
Friday Evening Walks from May to early September we go out for short evening walks to a country pub.
Please take time to look around our site. It is being developed as a home for all our photos and discussions. If you are interested in joining, it only takes a few minutes to complete an online application. Our membership secretary has created a How to Join page for you. Please also check out the Frequently Asked Questions.