Upcoming Walks Details and DWRG Information:
<<< Last updated: 30th September 2016 >>>
- If you have not walked with us before and would like to see if our club is for you, please join us on a walk to meet some of our members (see details below):
- Sunday 2.10.16 – The 13 mile walk starts at 10.00am from the car park behind the Onslow Arms, High Street, Loxwood – OL34, TQ041312, postcode RH14 0RD. Coming through Loxwood, the pub is on the left hand side just before a humpback bridge. Drive through the pub car park to the one for the canal visitor centre. We will follow the path of the Arun and Wey Navigation, firstly the navigable section and then the disused part, meandering through delightful woods. We then leave the canal and make for Alfold Bars through woods and fields to have lunch at Sir Roger Tichborne RH14 0QS a well appointed pub. After lunch our walk takes us along the Sussex Border Path before heading south for Drungewick and picking up the canal again to lead us back to Loxwood. The walk is virtually flat.
- Sunday 09.10.16 – Start 09:45 public car park (TQ002108) at junction A29 and A284 north of Arundel. Houghton Forest, Lamb Hanger. 10.5 miles, bring a picnic lunch to eat at Barlavington Hanger. We then go on to Sutton, Bignor and Egg Bottom Coppice, with a refreshment stop at The White Horse PH (Sutton) and at the snack hut at the end of the walk. Panoramic views of the south downs, and some steep ascents to walk.
- .Members can see details of our full walking programme on the ‘Members’ page of the DWRG website.
- Non-members can apply to join the DWRG for £5 per annum – see the ‘Join up’ section of the website. If you have any questions before you join, do feel free to contact Bob, our Membership Secretary, using this Membership Enquiry Form. On the form please ensure that you provide sufficient details to enable Bob to get back to you.
- Members can apply to renew their annual membership. Log in and go the membership renewal page for instructions. Choose one of three ways to pay your £5 annual fee via the ‘Making a payment’ tab in the “Members” section on the menu bar . It takes no longer than 10 minutes.
DWRG is an independent rambling and hill walking group aimed at people in their 30’s to 50’s and we also have long standing members in their 60’s. We encourage others to enjoy walking and you can become a member of this club for just £5 per annum entitling you to come on any of our walks. We have a day walk every Sunday (with a pub lunch) and evening walks on summer Friday evenings (May to September).
DWRG covers all its expenses through an income of £5 per person per year, including providing public liability insurance. You will see some great countryside and we stop for a pub lunch on Sundays to refresh for the afternoon walk. Be tempted to join us, we are recruiting right now. Our most popular activities are:
Sunday Walks – full day walks, over distances of 8 to 12 miles. Some are “figures of eight”, making it easy to walk just the morning or the afternoon. We always stop for a pub lunch and a drink or you can bring a picnic if you prefer to eat outside. Group size averages 8 to 15 people.
Weekend / Bank Holiday Trips in the UK– for coastal, moorland and mountain walking, using a variety of accommodation.
Friday Evening Walks from May to early September we go out for short evening walks to a country pub.
Please take time to look around our site. It is being developed as a home for all our photos and discussions. If you are interested in joining, it only takes a few minutes to complete an online application. Our membership secretary has created a How to Join page for you. Please also check out the Frequently Asked Questions.