Upcoming Walks Details and DWRG Information:
<<< Last updated: 21st July 2017 >>>
- Renewing your membership? There is an easy way which will save you having to re-enter all your details: Click here to use this simple renewal process!
- If you have not walked with us before and would like to see if our club is for you, please join us on a walk to meet some of our members (see details below):
- Glaramara 2018 – Members, see the online programme for details and to make your booking.
- Friday 21.7.17 – Circular walk from Brockham taking in Betchworth Castle. Meet 8pm outside The Royal Oak, to which we will return for a drink at the end.
- Sunday 23.7.17 – DWRG Summer Barbecue. You need to book for this event, no later than Sunday 9th July. For further details see the newsletter or log in to the website.
- Friday 28.7.17 – Meet 7.45pm outside main entrance to Sainsburys in Dorking High street (RH4 1AY) There is a free car park at the rear of the store. Car Park is accessed via Lyons Court . This is located between Lloyds Bank & White & Sons Estate agents . Walk will go through Denbies taking the panoramic trail up to the top of Ranmore for views to Leith Hill, then returning via the Cart Track where we hope to spot some glow worms. Drinks after at Spotted Dog in South Street.
- Friday 4.8.17 – Start at 7.45pm from The Stepping Stones Pub, West Humble (TQ170517) west of A24, 1 mile north of Dorking, near Burford Bridge roundabout. Walk through North Downs and Norbury Park on the west side of the Mole Valley returning for drinks at the pub.
- Sunday 6.8.17 – Start 10am from (Hurtwood Control car park no.5 Donkins). Grid Ref OS Map 145 TQ063426 Approaching from Farley Green take Shophouse Lane out of Farley Green. Follow the lane all the way to the junction of Winterfold Heath road, here turn left down Winterfold Heath road. The car park is on the right about 600 yards from the junction. Walk via Farley Heath, Blackheath, Albury Heath, lunch at William IV pub Little London.
- Members can see details of our full walking programme on the ‘Members’ page of the DWRG website.
- Non-members can apply to join the DWRG for £5 per annum – see the ‘Join up’ section of the website. If you have any questions before you join, do feel free to contact Marianne, our Membership Secretary, using this Membership Enquiry Form. On the form please ensure that you provide sufficient details to enable Marianne to get back to you.
DWRG is an independent rambling and hill walking group aimed at people in their 30’s to 50’s and we also have long standing members in their 60’s. We encourage others to enjoy walking and you can become a member of this club for just £5 per annum entitling you to come on any of our walks. We have a day walk every Sunday (with a pub lunch) and evening walks on summer Friday evenings (May to September).
DWRG covers all its expenses through an income of £5 per person per year, including providing public liability insurance. You will see some great countryside and we stop for a pub lunch on Sundays to refresh for the afternoon walk. Be tempted to join us, we are recruiting right now. Our most popular activities are:
Sunday Walks – full day walks, over distances of 8 to 12 miles. Some are “figures of eight”, making it easy to walk just the morning or the afternoon. We always stop for a pub lunch and a drink or you can bring a picnic if you prefer to eat outside. Group size averages 8 to 15 people.
Weekend / Bank Holiday Trips in the UK– for coastal, moorland and mountain walking, using a variety of accommodation.
Friday Evening Walks from May to early September we go out for short evening walks to a country pub.
Please take time to look around our site. It is being developed as a home for all our photos and discussions. If you are interested in joining, it only takes a few minutes to complete an online application. Our membership secretary has created a How to Join page for you. Please also check out the Frequently Asked Questions.