Upcoming Walks Details and DWRG Information:
<<< Last updated: 26th May 2017 >>>
- Renewing your membership? There is an easy way which will save you having to re-enter all your details: Click here to use this simple renewal process!
- If you have not walked with us before and would like to see if our club is for you, please join us on a walk to meet some of our members (see details below):
- Friday 26.5.17 – Meet at 7:45 pm at The Plough Pub next to the village Green, Leigh (TQ 224469), RH2 8NJ, for a walk around Leigh followed by drinks at pub afterwards. Leader is also planning to eat at the pub before and if you would like to join him please arrive by 6:30pm. Please park in nearby road unless eating at pub.
- Friday 2.6.17 – Meet 8pm at Ripley Green, east of Woking, Car Park near playground (TQ 053571) for circular walk followed by drinks at The Ship, Ripley High Street.
- Sunday 4.6.17 – Meet at 10.30am at the Martello Tower-no 74, which is at the eastern end of Seaford Esplanade (TV 483985), post code BN25 1JH (parking and toilets are available). We set off following the coastal path East to Cuckmere Haven before turning inland to follow the Cuckmere River to Exceat Bridge. At Exceat we join the South Downs Way to Litlington for lunch at the Plough and Horses. After lunch we head east to Cradle Hill and Bishopstone where we turn south to rejoin the Seaford Promenade for a level 1km walk back to the cars.
- Friday 11.6.17 – The walk will start PROMPTLY at 8pm from the Woodman Ashtead (TQ 180587) and will include a circuit of Ashtead Common with drinks in the pub afterwards. You can park in the pub car park as long as you plan to have a drink afterwards.
- Sunday 11.6.17 – The walk will start at 10.00am from Isfield, East Sussex, parking on the road opposite to the Lavender Line steam railway station (TQ 452172), TN22 5XB. The morning walk follows the River Ouse as it meanders through meadows towards Barcombe Mills and through its weirs. On the way we cross several disused railway lines. We will visit the Norman church at Barcombe with connections to the plague. Lunch will be at the Royal Oak pub at Barcombe Cross (TQ 420158), which serves wonderful food. In the afternoon we continue northeastwards through various woods, following Dallas Lane until we cross the River Ouse again and passing over the line of an old Roman road. We then walk along the river bank back to Isfield where tea and cakes await us at the Lavender Line station buffet. The walk is comparatively flat.
- Friday 16.6.17 – Meet at 8pm in the car park of the Skimmington Castle PH (TQ 237497) on Reigate Heath for a circular walk ending with drinks at the pub.
- Sunday 18.6.17 – The walk starts at 10.00am from Finches Field picnic site and car park, Church Hill, West Hoathly (TQ 366326), south east of Crawley. Lunch will be at the Green Man pub, Horsted Keynes. Directions for the start point-coming from the north, turn sharp right at the Fox pub RH19 4PJ into Church Hill (unsigned) and the car park is a short distance on the right.
- DWRG Summer Barbecue – Members, do not forget to book your place at the summer barbecue on 23rd July. For details see the newsletter.
- Members can see details of our full walking programme on the ‘Members’ page of the DWRG website.
- Non-members can apply to join the DWRG for £5 per annum – see the ‘Join up’ section of the website. If you have any questions before you join, do feel free to contact Marianne, our Membership Secretary, using this Membership Enquiry Form. On the form please ensure that you provide sufficient details to enable Marianne to get back to you.
DWRG is an independent rambling and hill walking group aimed at people in their 30’s to 50’s and we also have long standing members in their 60’s. We encourage others to enjoy walking and you can become a member of this club for just £5 per annum entitling you to come on any of our walks. We have a day walk every Sunday (with a pub lunch) and evening walks on summer Friday evenings (May to September).
DWRG covers all its expenses through an income of £5 per person per year, including providing public liability insurance. You will see some great countryside and we stop for a pub lunch on Sundays to refresh for the afternoon walk. Be tempted to join us, we are recruiting right now. Our most popular activities are:
Sunday Walks – full day walks, over distances of 8 to 12 miles. Some are “figures of eight”, making it easy to walk just the morning or the afternoon. We always stop for a pub lunch and a drink or you can bring a picnic if you prefer to eat outside. Group size averages 8 to 15 people.
Weekend / Bank Holiday Trips in the UK– for coastal, moorland and mountain walking, using a variety of accommodation.
Friday Evening Walks from May to early September we go out for short evening walks to a country pub.
Please take time to look around our site. It is being developed as a home for all our photos and discussions. If you are interested in joining, it only takes a few minutes to complete an online application. Our membership secretary has created a How to Join page for you. Please also check out the Frequently Asked Questions.