Upcoming Walks Details and DWRG Information:
<<< Last updated: 3rd January 2017 >>>
- Renewing your membership? There is an easy way which will save you having to re-enter all your details: Click here to use this simple renewal process!
- If you have not walked with us before and would like to see if our club is for you, please join us on a walk to meet some of our members (see details below):
- Sunday 8.1.17 – For the 6.5 + 6.5 mile walk, meet at 9.40 am public car park Cudham (TQ 446597), Cudham Lane South, TN14 7QB, 5 miles north of Westerham, Kent. Route explores the hills and valleys of the North Downs. Quite a hilly walk, total ascent 1386 feet and only 18% of the walk is on the level. Lunch at 12.30: Blacksmiths Arms PH Cudham. Depart pub 1.30 pm for afternoon leg via Downe. Brief glimpse of Darwin’s house at Downe. Pub menu: includes roasts, sandwiches & a large choice of hot dishes. Directions: the car park is a few hundred metres along the road from the church and pub. It’s a sports recreation ground, and parking is free.
- Sunday 15.1.17 – A circular walk starting at 10.00 am from the National Trust car park opposite the cricket ground on Headley Common road approx 1/2 mile south of Headley Village (TQ 205538). Walking east to Mogador before turning north for lunch at the Blue Ball in Walton on the Hill at 12.00. After lunch continuing anticlockwise through Banstead Heath, Headley and Headley Heath before returning to the cars. A walk of equal halves with some areas of mud – possibility to do half day only but please contact walk leaders first.
- Sunday 22.1.17 – This circular walk is almost a figure-of-8 allowing members to join or leave at mid-day. Total ascent 1000 feet. The morning’s walk is the more strenuous. Start 10.00 am from the car park at the south end of Chapel Lane/junction with Tompsets Bank in Forest Row (TQ 428343, RH18 5BD). Recommended access from the B2110, Hartfield Road, avoiding the unmade Highgate Road. Lunch at the Swan pub, beside the A22 Lewes Road, Forest Row, just north of the church (TQ 424352). The pub offers a limited set menu on Sundays (£13.95 for one course). There are alternative light choices in Forest Row. Note, the pub is about 0.8 miles or about 20 mins on foot from the car park.
- Members can see details of our full walking programme on the ‘Members’ page of the DWRG website.
- Non-members can apply to join the DWRG for £5 per annum – see the ‘Join up’ section of the website. If you have any questions before you join, do feel free to contact Marianne, our Membership Secretary, using this Membership Enquiry Form. On the form please ensure that you provide sufficient details to enable Marianne to get back to you.
DWRG is an independent rambling and hill walking group aimed at people in their 30’s to 50’s and we also have long standing members in their 60’s. We encourage others to enjoy walking and you can become a member of this club for just £5 per annum entitling you to come on any of our walks. We have a day walk every Sunday (with a pub lunch) and evening walks on summer Friday evenings (May to September).
DWRG covers all its expenses through an income of £5 per person per year, including providing public liability insurance. You will see some great countryside and we stop for a pub lunch on Sundays to refresh for the afternoon walk. Be tempted to join us, we are recruiting right now. Our most popular activities are:
Sunday Walks – full day walks, over distances of 8 to 12 miles. Some are “figures of eight”, making it easy to walk just the morning or the afternoon. We always stop for a pub lunch and a drink or you can bring a picnic if you prefer to eat outside. Group size averages 8 to 15 people.
Weekend / Bank Holiday Trips in the UK– for coastal, moorland and mountain walking, using a variety of accommodation.
Friday Evening Walks from May to early September we go out for short evening walks to a country pub.
Please take time to look around our site. It is being developed as a home for all our photos and discussions. If you are interested in joining, it only takes a few minutes to complete an online application. Our membership secretary has created a How to Join page for you. Please also check out the Frequently Asked Questions.